Neurodiversity Celebration Week
What is Neurodiversity Celebration Week?
Neurodiversity Celebration Week is an initiative that aims to challenge stereotypes and change perceptions of neurological differences. It brings together schools, universities, and organisations to recognise the talents and benefits of being neurodivergent and creates more inclusive and diverse cultures.
Neurodiversity Celebration Week was founded by Siena Castellon in 2018, to change the way learning differences are perceived and create a balanced view which focuses equally on talents and strengths.
Neurodiversity Celebration Week and Employment
Employers can help to change the narrative around neurological differences by taking part in this week and supporting employees.
- Register to take part via neurodiversityweek.com/get-involved-workplace
- Download the free resources available and share activities on social media
- Providing neurodiversity training to all employees, so everyone can understand difference and appreciate the benefits and strengths it brings to the workplace
- Start your journey to becoming a Disability Confident Employer
- Ensure policies and procedures are inclusive
- Adopt an inclusive recruitment approach, to accommodate individual’s needs
- Be clear, precise, and specific in job adverts, specifications, and applications
- Advertising your organisations willingness to provide reasonable adjustments, and consult with employees around their individual needs