At Umbrella HR Ltd we respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal data. This policy applies to all information collected on our website or provided by you.
Umbrella HR Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Please read our policy carefully to understand how we collect, use, and store your personal information, your rights regarding this personal information, and how to contact us or make a complaint.
Umbrella HR may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with the changes. This policy was last updated September 2020.
Umbrella HR Ltd
4 Chichele Street
Or by email to email@example.com
Umbrella HR Ltd is a Company registered in the UK (12736739) with its registered office at 4 Chichele Street, Higham Ferrers, Northants, NN10 8HT
Umbrella HR Ltd provides practical support for Human Resource and Diversity & Inclusion professionals. We work with experienced and qualified Partners and Trusted Providers to deliver leading edge products and services and support. Whatever you need – ‘We’ve got it covered!’
- HR Training & Consultancy, providing quality advice, benchmarking, training, events and consultancy on the full range of HR Subjects.
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, covering all Protected Characteristics and areas that prevent people gaining employment or progressing in their chosen careers. A wide range of E, D & I related training and information is provided.
- E-Learning, off-the-shelf and bespoke packages with either exports or hosted user license solutions.
Umbrella HR is a ‘data controller’ in respect of the personal information that it processes.
What personal and company information we collect?
- Personal information including full name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, job titles and any other information that is not publicly available. We collect information to verify your identity.
- Company information such as name, address, number of employees and other contact information.
- Financial information relevant to the provision of goods and services.
- Personal information when you:
- Visit our website
- Contact us
- Submit an enquiry
- Purchase our products or services.
- Sign up to an event
- Sign up to our newsletter
- This information is collected once consent has been provided, and on the legitimate purpose of providing you with information about our services, and regular news alerts.
- We also collect anonymous information (including IP addresses) from visitors to our website using analytic tools, cookies, and web logs. There is more information about this below. We only use this information to improve the service you experience while navigating our site.
Why do we process personal information?
We process your personal information to communicate with you for the following purposes:
- Maintaining relationships with customers/suppliers and prospective customers/suppliers.
- The provision of goods and services.
- Organising events.
- Communicating with journalists on relevant news, events, and reports.
- Contacting you to provide information on our performance, or otherwise participate in surveys or research.
On what basis do we collect data?
The processing of your personal data is allowed under several lawful bases. The data required for the provision of products and services is processed on the basis there is a contract with you to do so. Any relevant marketing activity we undertake is because, as a firm, we have a legitimate interest to do so.
However, you have the rights, as listed below which impact how we can use and process your data.
What do we do with your data and how we keep it secure?
- We only collect personal information for the purposes described.
- The information collected may be used to provide you with additional information about our services, promotions, and events.
- We are committed to ensuring confidentiality of the personal information we hold and we continue to review our security controls and related policies and procedures to ensure that your personal information is secure.
All the personal data that we handle is processed by our staff, who are all based in the UK. We do not carry out any automated decision making which is likely to have a legal or similar effect on you.
- We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us. Personal information will be securely disposed of when it is no longer required.
Who we share your information with and why?
We share your personal information with trusted third parties who perform tasks for us and help us provide the services you require, these include:
Sponsors and event hosts: we share the names, organisations, and job titles of prospective attendees at events for information/updates/security passes purposes only.
- Third-party service providers: we share information with third-party service companies to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
- IT infrastructure companies that facilitate our provision of Umbrella HR Ltd’s services to you.
- IT support service providers that are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Catering and event suppliers to ensure food requirements and reasonable adjustments are provided to participants.
- Other members of Umbrella HR Ltd’s network: we actively encourage our contacts to network but will only share your contact information with other members if we have your specific consent.
- Law enforcement or other authorities: we will share personal information if required by applicable law.
- Third parties as part of an acquisition or sale.
You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing information and tell us what your communication preferences are by contacting Umbrella HR Ltd by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address above. You may opt out at any time if you do not want to receive any further communications of this nature.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, like and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to the user’s needs.
We only use this information for statistical purposes then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other that the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How long do we keep your data?
- We keep your personal information only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and to meet regulatory or legislative requirements.
- We keep personal information for the duration of our relationship with you.
- Where we have a contractual relationship with you and/or hold financial information, we are required to retain this information for seven years.
What are your rights in relation to the personal information that we hold?
Under data protection laws you have several important rights free of charge. In summary, those include the right to:
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information this Privacy notice is designed to address.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that information to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing.
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Exercising your rights
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please write to us at Umbrella HR Ltd, 4 Chichele Street, Higham Ferrers, Northants, NN10 8HT, or by email to: email@example.com
- Let us have enough information to identify you and prove your identity (such as a copy of your driving licence or passport).
- Let us know the information to which your request relates; and
- We will aim to respond to you within a one-month period.
If you would like to unsubscribe from any marketing material you receive from us you can do so by writing to us at Umbrella HR Ltd, 4 Chichele Street, Higham Ferrers, Northants, NN10 8HT, or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take up to 10 working days from receipt of your request for this to take place.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated. Please contact us at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) or seek to remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
- Umbrella HR is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites accessed by hypertext link from this website. These links are provided for information only and we accept no liability for any loss or damage that may result from accessing or using them.
- We cannot guarantee that our website and any matter downloaded from this site will be free from viruses or other harmful programs or computer code. We accept no liability for any loss that may be suffered by any person arising from any such harmful programs or computer code.